Teachers ask for advice about all kinds of things, but all of my advice boils down to ONE thing:
Focus on the things you have control over.
- We don’t have control over parents
- We don’t control the schedule
- We don’t control drop off duty
- We don’t control what grade level we teach
All of those things are hard, but we can’t change or control any of it. Plus, putting our energy toward them takes our energy away from teaching kids!
So, what CAN you control?!
- How well you teach
- How well you manage your kids
- What kind of day you have
As a priority in your thinking every day, be thinking, ‘what do I have control over?’ And focus on that!
For more help and tips on how to focus on what you can control and increase your effectiveness in teaching, please check out all of our books online. Books can be found at amazon.com or at our store.