So it’s 6:21 p.m. on 12/30/12 and I’m sitting at my desk relaxing with an iced cold Corona, getting geared up to write my last blog of 2012. And I think I’ll make it a bit more personal than I typically do. Indulge me, will you?
When I think of 2012, my head is spinning. My GOSH what a year it has been – I’ve learned so much. I think I’ve boiled it down to this:
Jill’s Top 10 Lessons Learned in 2012
Lesson #10: Don’t rely only on what I’ve mastered in the past to serve me in the future
Lesson #9: Time with family and friends trump anything that I might get done in those extra few days on the road
Lesson #8: Don’t listen to people who would like me to go against my gut
Lesson#7: Life is all about timing
Lesson #6: When people tell me or show me who they are, believe them
Lesson #5: Change in schools takes time and capacity takes even longer
Lesson #4: Discipline isn’t a bad word – it’s actually the key to success
Lesson #3: There really isn’t such a thing as balance, just a thing called ‘contentment’
Lesson #2: Not everyone is going at my pace so, kindly, give them time
Lesson #1: If it’s not about people, it’s not about much
Here’s what I have to look forward to in 2013:
- My 40th birthday in March – eek!
- Birthday celebration in Palm Springs in April
- A girls trip to Lake Arrowhead – spa treatments and sleeping in galore!
- Hanging with the fam in Jackson Hole
- Re-committing to my daily exercise habit (not a resolution, though – those are meant to be broken!)
- Looking for a new abode that will house our offices!
- Decorating said house and offices!
- Organizing my time by task, instead of an unending to-do list
- Researching and choosing a service organization to partner with
- Oh…and did I mention that I’m publishing not one, but TWO books this year? YAY!
And even if none of these things come to pass, I will still be blessed and content…and I pray the same for you.
So, let’s raise a glass to what’s to come…