Your DELUXE Common Core POWER-UP Tool!
Transitioning from Your Core Reading Program to the Common Core
This Deluxe Version of the video-class “Don’t Throw the Baby Out With the Bathwater! Making the Teachers’ Work the Center of the ELA Common Core” includes two (2) hours of critical one-to-one consultation on how to align your current reading efforts with the Common Core. We will construct your Common Core Strategic Plan for the next 2 years so that your job becomes working the plan, not figuring out what comes next.
We will focus on these during our private session:
- Materials you have that can be used
- Materials you need
- Materials that no longer serve you
- Common Core roll-out plan by month
- Plan for using Staff meetings and Grade level/Department Teams to study and prepare
- Planning and aligning professional development to your Common Core plan
- Benchmarks in your Common Core implementation
- Leadership and coaching activities
- (Side note: This will also put you miles ahead of your colleagues because most are still just trying to sift through the mountain of information on the Common Core – they are nowhere near having a plan!)
This step is all about tailoring the Common Core work to what you have already done.
Just layering the Common Core on top of what you already have in place is not going to get you to mastery.
You know that my mission has always been to make things in schools more manageable – and this class will be all about simplifying the Common Core so that you can have great success.
Here’s the scoop:
- We will meet eight (8) times from March 4, 2013 through June 14, 2013. Imagine us “virtually” locked away in our private, password-protected video-conference room.
- Each 1.5 hour class will be recorded and within 48 hours you will receive a link to the session. This allows you to use the video-class in your grade level sessions, during professional development days or as personal study for your staff. I’m especially excited about the idea that as you bring new teachers aboard, you will have the tools to get them “up to speed” on the Common Core right away.
- Each class is live, fully interactive
- This is customized professional development tool that allows you to choose how to use it and when you use it!
Here’s a quick sample of just some of the classes:
- “It’s Not About the Task, It’s About the Complexity of the Task”
- “Know What They Know and What They Need: Designing Simple Benchmarks That Align with the Common Core”
- “Going from Skill to Concept Mastery: It’s More Than Getting the ‘Right Answer’”
- “Going Beyond ‘Just Talking’ to Orchestrating Intense Speaking and Listening Tasks”
Your customized class materials will include downloadable resources, checklists and specific suggestions for how to use the materials from the class with your entire staff. Before each session, you will receive a link to download your class materials, your reminder of “next steps” from the last session as well as your private invite for the meeting room.
I can’t wait for our class dates…here they are!
- March 4th – 9:00 a.m. PST
- March 20th – 9:00 a.m. PST
- April 4th – 9:00 a.m. PST
- April 16th – 9:00 a.m. PST
- >May 2nd – 9:00 a.m. PST
- May 17th – 9:00 a.m. PST
- June 3rd – 9:00 a.m. PST
- June 14th – 9:00 a.m. PST
I have to admit…it’s going to be really cool!
At the end of the class, each participant will be able to:
- Use their current program materials to design Common Core-aligned lessons
- Teach students specifically how to engage in the complex Common Core-aligned tasks
- Navigate the standards and determine how to integrate multiple standards across the school day
- Design Common Core Assessment-aligned tasks so that students are preparing to take the Assessments
And the best thing? This information is ready-to-use and teachers can take it right back to their classrooms. I help you get to the nitty gritty of what each teacher should be doing tomorrow…
Video-Class Deluxe, “Don’t Throw the Baby Out With the Bathwater! Making the Teachers’ Work the Center of the ELA Common Core” includes:
- Two (2) hours of private consultation to tailor your plan
- Twelve (12) hours of Customized Classes>
- Eight (8) Class Handouts which include never-before-seen Common Core Resources
- Class recordings in your inbox within 2 business days of each class
And only with the deluxe package, recordings of my two video classes “Coach as Teacher, Model, Therapist, Mom and Shoulder to Cry On: How to Build Relationships That Improve Teaching” and “It Is Rocket Science: What Every Educator Must Know Right Now About Increasing Student Performance”
Price: $5,275.00 per school site
Prefer to order by phone or with a Purchase Order? Call (888) 586-4862 ext. 2 between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM PST, Monday through Friday.