Interested in purchasing this class?
Please contact Client Care at
It’s GAME TIME now. Are you ready?
Many of our clients are anywhere from clueless to just plain overwhelmed with the Common Core. Can you relate? In fact, what I’ve heard most often is that there are rumblings of the Common Core – by rumblings I mean district teams attending state level Common Core trainings, principals and coaches bringing information back to the staff, leadership contacting the publishers to see about Common Core alignment documents.
But the real question is this: What are your teachers doing to prepare their lessons differently in light of the Common Core?
That’s the real question: What are the TEACHERS doing?
We can talk curriculum maps, long range plans and book studies about the Common Core, but if it doesn’t funnel right down to what your teachers are teaching kids tomorrow, then you’re in trouble. And from what we’re seeing out there, there are very few step-by-step resources for TEACHERS. And they’re our on-the-ground implementers!
And that’s why I’ve created a tool just for this challenge!
Your Common Core POWER-UP Tool!
Transitioning from Your Core Reading Program to the Common Core
Starting on March 4, 2013, I will be leading a video-class called “Don’t Throw the Baby Out With the Bathwater! Making the Teachers’ Work the Center of the ELA Common Core.”
You know that my mission has always been to make things in schools more manageable – and this class will be all about simplifying the Common Core so that you can have great success.
Here’s the scoop:
- We will meet eight (8) times from March 4, 2013 through June 14, 2013. Imagine us “virtually” locked away in our private, password-protected video-conference room.
- Each 1.5 hour class will be recorded and within 48 hours you will receive a link to the session. This allows you to use the video-class in your grade level sessions, during professional development days or as personal study for your staff. I’m especially excited about the idea that as you bring new teachers aboard, you will have the tools to get them “up to speed” on the Common Core right away.
- Each class is live, fully interactive
- This is customized professional development tool that allows you to choose how to use it and when you use it!
Here’s a quick sample of just some of the classes:
- “It’s Not About the Task, It’s About the Complexity of the Task”
- “Know What They Know and What They Need: Designing Simple Benchmarks That Align with the Common Core”
- “Going from Skill to Concept Mastery: It’s More Than Getting the ‘Right Answer’”
- “Going Beyond ‘Just Talking’ to Orchestrating Intense Speaking and Listening Tasks”
Your customized class materials will include downloadable resources, checklists and specific suggestions for how to use the materials from the class with your entire staff. Before each session, you will receive a link to download your class materials, your reminder of “next steps” from the last session as well as your private invite for the meeting room.
I can’t wait for our class dates…here they are!
- March 4th – 9:00 a.m. PST
- March 20th – 9:00 a.m. PST
- April 4th – 9:00 a.m. PST
- April 16th – 9:00 a.m. PST
- May 2nd – 9:00 a.m. PST
- May 17th – 9:00 a.m. PST
- June 3rd – 9:00 a.m. PST
- June 14th – 9:00 a.m. PST
I have to admit…it’s going to be really cool!
At the end of the class, each participant will be able to:
- Use their current program materials to design Common Core-aligned lessons
- Teach students specifically how to engage in the complex Common Core-aligned tasks
- Navigate the standards and determine how to integrate multiple standards across the school day
- Design Common Core Assessment-aligned tasks so that students are preparing to take the Assessments
And the best thing? This information is ready-to-use and teachers can take it right back to their classrooms. I help you get to the nitty gritty of what each teacher should be doing tomorrow…
As a thank you for accepting my invitation to this class, you will receive for FREE my Video Demo Series valued at $177/person!
Interested in purchasing this class? Please contact Client Care at or call
(888) 586-4862 ext. 2 between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM PST, Monday through Friday.