Your Common Core POWER-UP Tool!
Transitioning from Your Core Reading Program to the Common Core
Starting on March 4, 2013, I will be leading a video-class called “Don’t Throw the Baby Out With the Bathwater! Making the Teachers’ Work the Center of the ELA Common Core.”
You know that my mission has always been to make things in schools more manageable – and this class will be all about simplifying the Common Core so that you can have great success.
Here’s the scoop:
- We will meet eight (8) times from March 4, 2013 through June 14, 2013. Imagine us “virtually” locked away in our private, password-protected video-conference room.
- Each class is 1.5 hours, live and fully interactive
Here’s a quick sample of just some of the classes:
- “It’s Not About the Task, It’s About the Complexity of the Task”
- “Know What They Know and What They Need: Designing Simple Benchmarks That Align with the Common Core”
- “Going from Skill to Concept Mastery: It’s More Than Getting the ‘Right Answer’”
- “Going Beyond ‘Just Talking’ to Orchestrating Intense Speaking and Listening Tasks”
Your customized class materials will include downloadable resources, checklists and specific suggestions for how to use the materials from the class with your entire staff. Before each session, you will receive a link to download your class materials, your reminder of “next steps” from the last session as well as your private invite for the meeting room.
I can’t wait for our class dates…here they are!
- March 4th – 9:00 a.m. PST
- March 20th – 9:00 a.m. PST
- April 4th – 9:00 a.m. PST
- April 16th – 9:00 a.m. PST
- May 2nd – 9:00 a.m. PST
- May 17th – 9:00 a.m. PST
- June 3rd – 9:00 a.m. PST
- June 14th – 9:00 a.m. PST
I have to admit…it’s going to be really cool!
At the end of the class, each participant will be able to:
- Use their current program materials to design Common Core-aligned lessons
- Teach students specifically how to engage in the complex Common Core-aligned tasks
- Navigate the standards and determine how to integrate multiple standards across the school day
- Design Common Core Assessment-aligned tasks so that students are preparing to take the Assessments
And the best thing? This information is ready-to-use and teachers can take it right back to their classrooms. I help you get to the nitty gritty of what each teacher should be doing tomorrow…