I’ve been asked no less than 94,583,201 times if I had a little handout of the most important things that coaches should cover during the three phases of coaching.
Until now I said, “We need to make one of those!”
Well, I did.
And here it is.
Read the information below but be sure to download it here and use it every single time you sit down to coach a teacher! 🙂
- Link to principal’s instructional focus
- What we’ll work on (give options/menu)
- What style of coaching we’ll do
- Where I’ll sit
- What I’ll take note on/evidence I’ll pick up
- When we’ll debrief
|Phase 2: Execution
|Phase 3: Debriefing
- Restate the purpose of the coaching cycle
- Ask teacher to reflect on the lesson
- Share evidence/notes
- Give specific adjustments and to-do
- Ask teacher to reflect on the notes and to-do
- Confirm the next step and when you’ll check on it (this is actually Phase 1!)
Yeah! Thank you so much!