THIS CLASS IS FULL AND CURRENTLY CLOSED. we do offer this class as an in-school/in-district training and will open another class in the summer in fall, as well. Please email if you are interested!
Our first class was such a success…check out this feedback from our participants!
I always gain so much more clarity after participating in your classes and it makes the “Common Core Standards” not quite so intimidating for me and my staff. – Sandy
The thing is, your old school coaching routines and go-tos just aren’t going to cut it anymore. You’ve got to master new coaching techniques and skills to meet the demand of the Common Core Standards and your teachers deserve YOUR BEST to get THEIR BEST done!
In order to transform your coaching and support your teachers in the way they’re BEGGING to be helped, you need to do two things:
- Master the Common Core content
- Master how to coach that content
So, my team and I have been working for the last 3 months on a brand-new class that will upgrade your coaching skills and take you right into how to specifically support K-12 teachers as they implement the CCSS. (And, shhhh! Here’s the real secret: you don’t have to change everything and start from the bottom…during the class, we’ll take you from your current coaching expertise to off-the-charts knowledgeable!)
- Four (4), 1.5 hour virtual classes (total of 6 hours of actual class time) focused VERY SPECIFICALLY and DETAILED on the ELA Common Core Standards…no bird-walks allowed on this one! We’ve got too much to do!
- Prior to our class, you will receive a private link to our online classroom and a link to our private class webpage where you will grab all of your materials and information for each class
- *Brand New* content…this is not your old recycled PD that slaps a “Common Core” label on old content
- Class Resource Guide for each participant
- Do-able, practical and concrete steps and resources for you to take back and use after each class
- Four (4) “go and do” checklists – one for each class…to make your coaching life easier
- Model scripts for you to take and use right after each class
- Modeling by Jill Jackson and her senior consultant, Lori, on each new idea – we aren’t just talking at you – we’re going to MODEL FOR YOU!
- Each participant will be added to a private Facebook group with other members – you’ll have 24/7 access to Jill and Lori to ask questions, get clarity, gather more information from other coaches and benefit from built-in accountability and virtual coaching
- We will record each of our classes, and within 3 business days, you will get the links to view and study the classes again – it’s our gift to you that keeps on giving! Can’t be live on the class? You are right there with us as you watch the recorded class!
- Weekly assignments and guides that help you prioritize getting the class working for you right away…no sleeping or “I’ll use this next year” on this one!
How to facilitate a mini-PD session that gets your staff in the Standards, planning for lessons and using the right resources right away…without going nuts!
Saturday, January 11, 2014: 8:00 – 9:30 a.m. PST
How to scaffold CCSS instruction for struggling students when the Standards exponentially increase the expectations!
Saturday, January 18, 2014: 8:00 – 9:30 a.m. PST
How to prepare and demonstrate close reading and text dependent responses for even the most resistant-and-clueless-to-the-CCSS-teacher!
Saturday, February 1, 2014: 8:00 – 9:30 a.m. PST
How to write simple, to-the-point mini-assessments that don’t require you to be a numbers expert, but give you all the information you need to differentiate and plan!
Saturday, February 8, 2014: 8:00 – 9:30 a.m. PST
We are keeping the group small so that we can give each coach personal attention, feedback and time to ask questions – there are only 50 spots open. We are opening this class up first to our current clients and then to our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and internet friends…so we’re slated to fill up within the first week of releasing the class, so don’t sit on it too long!
Each class will keep the same format so you’ll know what to expect and we keep it moving along…no dilly dallying allowed!
- Check in on last week’s progress (5-10 minutes)
- New Content (15 minutes)
- Model with Jill and Lori (20 minutes)
- Guided Practice Activity with feedback from Jill and Lori (5-10 minutes)
- Debrief the Model (10 minutes)
- Introduce and Explain New Checklist (5 minutes)
- “Get It Done!” Next Week Assignment and Open Mic (10 minutes)
- Mid-week Facebook group check-in and engagement
So, if you’re a coach, instructional facilitator, a principal, curriculum director, teacher-mentor, team leader or a teacher interested in improving your skills, then this is for you…I can’t wait to work with you!!!
Add your name to our super motivated, happy-to-be-a-coach list of attendees right now. We are limited to 50 seats and sign-ups close on December 20th…you don’t want to kick yourself for not signing up! We are so excited to work with you!
Limited Offer to the first 50 Participants
Credit Card Payment Only
Note to participants: First off…THANK YOU! Once your payment has been received, you will receive an email detailing how to get started and organized for our first class – there’s lots to do to ensure that this class will be a super sized success! (If you don’t receive an email within 1 hour of placing your order for the class, check your spam folder and if you still haven’t received confirmation, send an email right away). Sometimes school and district spam filters are so strong our stuff gets sent to spam and we want to take care of it right away for you!