(If you haven’t read Steps 1-3, pick them up here!) (link to last week’s blog)
Step 4: Clean up the Ideas
- What ideas are repetitions? (Cross one or more out and/or combine ideas)
- What are obviously off-target ideas? (Cross them out)
- What ideas can be chunked together? (Draw arrows or lines to connected ideas)
Step 5: Look at the Big Picture of Ideas
- Is there a logical connection between multiple ideas that pops out to me?
- Which one of my ideas has the most details or sub-topics in my brainstorm?
- Which of my ideas am I most excited about? Which interest me or are likely to interest my reader?
- What ideas best respond to the prompt provided?
Step 6: Begin to Determine Which Type of Organizational Structure Would Best Highlight Your Information
- Cause and Effect